Thursday, July 17, 2008

Silent Revolution Through Meditation


It's sort of a bumpy road, and I'm not sure that I really want to write about it just now, but I suppose I will say something.

Meditation is THE wonder drug for our century, and for all time. It is the ONLY cure for mental illness and anguish. If I compare myself now to a few months back before I embarked on my meditation journey with a Lama, it is utter transformation. Literally, I have spent many years of my life in the throws of a suicidal depression. I struggled. I read. I was desperate. I was living in extreme isolation. I was at the end. I was scrambling for help, and I wasn't getting any at all.

Then I went to the Lama. I started meditating. I read regularly about Buddhism, and meditation techniques. I listen to Matras on YouTube, and to talks by the Dalai Lama.

It is a true wonder, and it's possible that it is quite literally saving my life.

When I am true to my meditation, practicing daily without fail, my moods are stable. I am happier. My previously obsessive thoughts of ending my life disappear miraculously. I am a kinder mother. I smile. I laugh.

Meditation is a true wonder. It is the key to transformation. It is the dream I've been dreaming all my life. It's what I've been waiting for, and it could be a silent revolution, the more it catches on.....

1 comment:

Andy Baker said...

That was so beautiful! I need to meditate. I think it would solve a lot of my problems. I'm in a strange place. I'm happy enough, but without that calm that people seem to get from meditating. Makes me think. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well.