Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Let's Tango!


Today I'm wearing my white ruffled Agnés B shirt, some tight shorts, and a lycra shirt underneath the ruffle shirt.

On the way to the kids school in Rotterdam this morning I saw a group of Spanish-speaking women walking toward us. One of the women, slightly older and larger than I, was similarly dressed. I realized then, the addition of a black studded belt, large turquoise beads, and fish skull earrings, formed a quintessential Mexican-Spanish "Cha Cha" look, and then I thought, well, why not identify myself in this way? I hadn't thought of it when I put the clothes on this morning. I just thought, well, this is nice for a hot afternoon. Very anti-Anglo, anti-Calvinist of me.

I don't think it's a fashion approved of by the ladies at the staid, stiff-upper-lip school. Call it paranoia, but I could swear I noticed some of them recoiling away from me. But I suppose this is something they'd do no matter what look I threw on.

No comments: