Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SOLITUDE -Billie Holiday

This is beautiful. I love the old shots of New York. It's a world I feel I've always known and loved, and longed for... Quite nostalgic. I'd have to leave out the child labor, and other poor working and living conditions.... I get a homey feel here. Feels like home, although I know I'll never live in New York again. Can't afford it. I remember the first time I visited New York as a teenager, I immediately had a feeling of belonging, or of being home. Certainly I partly grew up there. I'm still growing up, even at my age. I don't think I'll ever be fully grown. I still have to find a home, again, but I'm feeling good, not despondent. My head is clear with the help of yoga and meditation. I'm sure that eventually I will find my home in myself. Home isn't external, even though I long at times for a certain place, a feeling of belonging, I'm cultivating home now in me.

No comments: