Thursday, May 29, 2008

Monastic Life


Every time I go to a monastery, or a cloister, I'm so fanscinated, intrigued, drawn in by the structures, the hallways, the ceilings, the cool materials, the smell of stone. They truly are heavenly places. If I could live anywhere I think it would be in a monastery. I could easily be sucked in there. I could easily go into one, and never leave again, I think. Of course, I would need supplies. I don't know what I would do with my days, since I guess I'm not really a scholar, and long, brisque walks can unexpetantly lead me to start writing a story down. Of course, I think monks do a lot of walking around, but it's not the same as walking down a city street, your eyes turned in upon your own thought buzzing inside of you. Still, the monastic life, the tranquility of it, will always appeal to me. Mostly, I am in search of tranquility. Above all.

No comments: