Friday, October 14, 2011

The Infrequent Blogger is Happy

.

Like many bloggers out there, I have neglected my blog. There are times when I think, well, perhaps it would be better to just delete all of my blogs from the blogosphere. After all, does anyone really read my blog? And do I have the dedication to continue posting. I'll leave these questions open.

The other issue is, at times, well, what IF someone read this blog, and realized that they knew me. I might become embarrassed at my candidness, and occasional willingness to reveal details of the struggles I face as a woman in a foreign country, separated from family, lacking the usual support system most people take for granted.

But then I ponder, isn't that what many blogs are about? We all have our personal challenges, and some of us choose to blog about them. There might just be other people out there who could benefit from our posts, or there might even possibly be kindred souls out there who could share in our struggle in a virtual way. We may not ever meet each other, our paths might never cross. But at least we can feel the support of knowing that someone, or a multitude perhaps, are sympathetic to us. There might even be a few caring souls out there who actually wish us well. Imagine that there are people out there who DO really genuinely wish us the best. People who want us to succeed, and to lead satisfactory, fulfilling lives. These people might exist.

Let us say you are one of the few people who actually read this blog. Just pretend. Okay, I am imagining that there's someone reading this blog.

What I would like to tell you, dear reader, is this. Whoever you are, wherever you are, I wish you happiness. That is all.

When I say happiness, I mean in a very simple way. This has nothing to do with material wealth, or with meeting your dream person, or landing a fabulous job, or anything that exists outside of your own mind. It has to do with finding satisfaction right now, in the moment. Wherever you are, whatever situation you're in, try not to make any value judgements for the moment. Just say to yourself, life is happiness. I live, therefore I am happy. I am breathing now. Breath is happiness.

Happiness does not exist beyond this.

2 comments:

eataylor said...

Just thought I would stop in.

I found your blog via the keyword "psychosis." I'm one of a few people I know who have recovered fully from psychosis with honesty, food, rest, and time (at least, that was my opinion on what it took). It's interesting to have read another's account of psychosis recovery - not a very common story.

Also, I was intrigued at what your first post was about, as I've always felt like a writer, even though I just can't write. So, I thought I might get an idea while I was here. Then I read that you said the same.

How weird.

So, I thought I would share. Have a good day.

Mama Mojo said...

Thanks for your comment, and for dropping by.

You should check out the book If You Want to Write by Brenda Ueland. It might stimulate you to get writing. Her idea is that we are all writers, and that you just need to start writing, and let it flow. Hope it works out for you. You should just go for it!

As for the psychosis: I applaud you for coming so far. It is indeed a remarkable achievement! You're really very lucky.